.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Pakistan Merchant Shipping - Maritime Business and Employment.

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Free Resume Web Site Hosting and Development

Very recently, I have introduced free Resume Web Site Hosting and Development for the merchant navy employees.

Here I offer the serving officers and seaman in merchant shipping a web presence that may supplement information provided in their Resume.

It roots from my own good experience - it won me the long awaited shore job thus enabling me to say good bye to sea, atleast for the time being. See my article ‘From Ship to Shore Job’ for details. Let me add that I did not know about this job, never applied for it, never had an interview and never contact the employer. The employer searched on the net, ‘found me’( my Resume Web Site), contacted me and offered me a job precisely to my qualifications and experience that I joined whole heartedly.

Difference between a Resume and Resume Web Site.

There is difference between a Resume and a Resume Web Site - Resume is only a part, a downloadable part of a Resume Web Site. Resume may direct the visitor, employer in this case, to the Resume Web Site. A resume site must expand to bring resume to life, so that it does no remain a peace of paper with text only. The visitor after surfing must know all about applicant- his personality, interests, hobbies, and company. Resume Web Site has lot more to offer the visitor, who happens to be the potential employer:

  • Details of service.
  • Details of qualifications,
  • Scans of certificates and other documents that the visitor may like to see,
  • Links to academic institutions that made you earn your qualification,
  • Links to the last employments / jobs etc.

The main theme is to expand on the information contained in the resume to answer queries that may arise in the employer’s mind.

As I said in my case, I was not interviewed certainly for the above reason. The employer had gathered information from my site that he wanted, knew all about me and the credibility of my qualifications and experience. He was, therefore, confident to offer me a job straight away.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home